Friday, 2 February 2018

La vita è Bella
La vita è Bella or Life is Beautiful. La vita è Bella is an Italian comedy-drama film first released in 1997. Roberto Benigni as the main actor portrayed his character perfectly in this movie. This was my first movie about war and I just fell in love with it. I was in primary school when I first watched it. Back then all sorts of movies and song albums were sold in VCDs. Basically, I watched it in VCD. The story was divided into 2 parts, cause it VCD, so we have CD 1 and CD 2. The first part of the movie (in CD 1) was actually humorous. The time setting was back in 1939. It's basically an introduction of the main character. I’m just going to do a real brief summary about the movie. So here goes:
Guido Orefice (Benigni) is a Jewish man who comes to the big city to work with his uncle. As the story goes, he fell in love with Dora, whom he marries later and they have a son Giosuè. It was all fun and laughters in the first CD. So, moving on to the second CD. You may prepare a box of tissue here, cause the time has come for you to cry your eyes out. I don’t know about you, but I cried so much at the end.
On Giosuè’s birthday, he and his father are seized and taken to the concentration camp. Dora is away to bring over her mother, and soon as she finds out, she volunteers to get on the train in order to be with her husband and her son. They never met each other, not until the end. But sadly, she only gets to reunite with her son, cause Guido have been shot to death. What touched my heart the most was the fact that Guido did not tell Giosuè about the situation they were in. He was such a father figure towards his son. His unending love towards his son and wife made me cried a river. I have watched it several times now, and still I cried a RIVER! If you wish to know more about the movie, WATCH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

La vita è Bella La vita è Bella or Life is Beautiful. La vita è Bella is an Italian comedy-drama film first released in 1997. Roberto Be...